Fraternal organizations -- South Carolina -- Charleston
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Correspondence, newsletters, manuals, pledge tests and training booklets, and ephemera relating to Charleston chapter #143 of Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA), an all-male Jewish youth organization.
The German Friendly Society was a social and benevolent organization founded in Charleston, South Carolina in 1766. This collection contains typewritten transcriptions of their meeting minutes (1766-1858) compiled during a Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) project from 1935-1940.
South-Carolina Society records consist of typewritten, annotated transcriptions of minutes compiled as a W.P.A. project from 1935 to 1937. Minutes of meetings (1827; 1865-1888) concern applications for membership, the establishment of a female academy, revision of society rules, financial matters, assistance to persons who have applied to the Society for relief, and other organizational business.
The Washington Light Infantry was formed as a body of "citizen soldiers" in Charleston, South Carolina, in 1807 and incorporated in 1824. This collection contains typewritten transcriptions of their records (1820-1936) compiled during a Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) project in 1935 and 1936, and one printed letter.