Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Anderson Sisterhood minutes book
Original and photocopied monthly meeting minutes book of the Anderson Sisterhood of Temple B'nai Israel located in Anderson, South Carolina. The Anderson Sisterhood was affiliated with the National Federation of Temple Sisterhoods, now known as Women of Reform Judaism, and helped to raise funds for rabbinic scholarships and charities including the American Red Cross and the Hebrew Orphan's Home in Atlanta, Georgia.
Beth Israel Congregation (Beaufort, S.C.) records
Original minute book and photocopied reproduction, real estate titles, and long-term lease of Beth Israel, a small Conservative congregation in Beaufort, South Carolina.
Florence Hebrew Benevolent Association records
Minute book, financial records, cemetery records, publications, and assorted papers of the Florence Hebrew Benevolent Association, a Jewish fraternal organization and the genesis of the Beth Israel Congregation, formed in 1887 in Florence, South Carolina.
Kalushiner Society minute book
A handwritten minute book of the Kalushiner Society of Charleston, South Carolina, from October 1927 through December 1936, mostly in Yiddish with some English. The Independent Kalushiner Society was a mutual aid society founded by Charleston residents who had immigrated from the shtetl of Kaluszyn in Poland. The society was founded in 1921 and provided members with benefits like no-interest loans, assistance when ill, and group insurance rates.
St. Andrew's Society of Charleston records
This collection includes administrative, financial, and membership records, records of charitable assistance, and other materials of the St. Andrew's Society of Charleston. Records document the social and benevolent activities of the St. Andrew's Society between the years 1729 to 2001.