Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Correspondence, newsletters, manuals, pledge tests and training booklets, and ephemera relating to Charleston chapter #143 of Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA), an all-male Jewish youth organization.
Minutes (1769-1963), membership records (1762-1993) and financial records (1774-2004) document all activities of the Fellowship Society, a Charleston, South Carolina benevolent organization dedicated to charity, education, and upkeep of widows and orphans of its members.
The German Friendly Society was a social and benevolent organization founded in Charleston, South Carolina in 1766. This collection contains typewritten transcriptions of their meeting minutes (1766-1858) compiled during a Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) project from 1935-1940.
South-Carolina Society records consist of typewritten, annotated transcriptions of minutes compiled as a W.P.A. project from 1935 to 1937. Minutes of meetings (1827; 1865-1888) concern applications for membership, the establishment of a female academy, revision of society rules, financial matters, assistance to persons who have applied to the Society for relief, and other organizational business.
The Washington Light Infantry was formed as a body of "citizen soldiers" in Charleston, South Carolina, in 1807 and incorporated in 1824. This collection contains typewritten transcriptions of their records (1820-1936) compiled during a Works Progress Administration (W.P.A.) project in 1935 and 1936, and one printed letter.
- Fraternal organizations -- South Carolina -- Charleston 4
- minutes (administrative records) 4
- Charities -- South Carolina -- Charleston 2
- Charleston (S.C.) -- History 2
- South Carolina -- History 2
- typescripts 2
- Charleston (S.C.) 1
- Charleston (S.C.) -- Societies 1
- Fraternal organizations -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- History 1
- German Americans -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Societies, etc. 1
- Jewish youth -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Societies and clubs 1
- South Carolina -- History -- 1865- 1
- administrative records 1
- bylaws (administrative records) 1
- cashbooks 1
- charters 1
- correspondence 1
- financial records 1
- journals (accounts) 1
- ledgers (account books) 1
- manuals (instructional materials) 1
- membership cards 1
- newsletters 1
- programs (documents) 1
- rules of procedure 1
- training manuals 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Works Progress Administration 3
- Aleph Zadik Aleph. Charleston Chapter #143 (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- B'nai B'rith 1
- Fellowship Society (Charleston, S.C.) 1
- German Friendly Society (Charleston, S.C.) 1