Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The collection consists of copies of photographs taken at Dachau concentration camp and collected by Paul Bridges, a U.S. soldier who served as a guard at the camp after its liberation in April 1945.
The collection consists of four photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army.
The collection consists of two May 1945 U.S. Army reports written by F. van Wyck Mason describing conditions at Buchenwald concentration camp and other areas in Germany.
The collection consists of nine photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army. Also included is a 1993 interview on videocassette with Corporal Charles Cross, who collected the photographs.
The collection consists of twenty-four Holocaust atrocity photographs collected by U.S. soldier Clarence Holland.
Four atrocity photographs of concentration camp victims in Ohrdruf, a satellite camp of the Buchenwald concentration camp. Also included are two clippings describing the liberation of Ohrdruf by the U.S. Army.
The collection consists of approximately 42 photographs taken in 1945 by Harold Schreiner, a U.S. Army tank commander. These images show war damage in Germany and include 14 Holocaust atrocity photographs from Dachau concentration camp.
The papers of Robert Schwartz, medical doctor and captain, in the United States Army during World War II. Papers and artifacts reflect his service and activities during the war and as a participant of the liberation of Buchenwald. Included are photographs and a letter documenting the atrocities at Buchenwald concentration camp.
The collection consists of twenty-six Holocaust atrocity photographs taken by Robert Turner, a U.S. soldier who photographed victims in a Bavarian concentration camp after it was liberated.
The collection consists of approximately 70 Holocaust atrocity photographs taken in Dachau concentration camp by Bernard Warshaw, a captain in the U.S. Army. Photographs show bodies of victims on the grounds and outside the crematorium.
- black-and-white negatives 6
- black-and-white photographs 6
- digital images 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Weimar (Thuringia) 4
- DVDs 3
- Dachau (Germany) 3
- black-and-white slides 3
- photo CDs 2
- postcards 2
- Bavaria (Germany) 1
- Germany 1
- Military decorations -- United States 1
- Ohrdruf (Germany) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Dachau 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Ohrdruf 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Destruction and pillage -- Germany 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Jewish 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States 1
- booklets 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- correspondence 1
- dog tags (military tags) 1
- medals 1
- military records 1
- orders (military records) 1
- photocopies 1
- photographs 1
- reports 1
- videocassettes 1 + ∧ less
- English 8
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- German 1
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp) 4
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 3
- Betsill, Edwin 1
- Bridges, Paul, 1924-2010 1
- Burrows, Jim 1
- Cross, Charles C., 1924-2009 1
- Goodin, Benjamin 1
- Holland, Clarence 1
- Hudson, Carey Lee 1
- Mason, F. van Wyck (Francis van Wyck), 1901-1978 1
- Muller, Meir 1
- Ohrdruf (Concentration camp) 1
- Schreiner, Harold, 1917-2005 1
- Schwartz, Robert, 1916-2008 1
- Turner, Robert 1
- Warshaw, Bernard, 1920-2014 1 + ∧ less