Henry T. Zacharias ledgers
Collection consists of two indexed ledgers (1905-1908; 1909-1910) containing accounts with numerous businesses, organizations, and individuals for construction and general contracting. Accounts represent many notable buildings of Charleston, South Carolina, among them the Confederate Home and College, the Medical University of South Carolina, St. Andrew's Lutheran Church, St. Philip's Church, and a number of architecturally significant houses.
Language of Material
Materials in English.
This collection is open for research.
The nature of the College of Charleston's archival holdings means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. Special Collections claims only physical ownership of most archival materials.
The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. copyright law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research or otherwise should be fully credited with the source.
Charleston, South Carolina, contractor and builder.
1.25 linear feet (1 flat box)
- Charleston (S.C.) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Charleston (S.C.) -- History
- Confederate Home and College (Charleston, S.C.)
- Construction industry -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Accounting
- Contractors -- South Carolina -- Charleston
- Medical University of South Carolina
- South Carolina -- History -- 1865-
- St. Andrew's Lutheran Church (Charleston, S.C.)
- St. Philip's Church (Charleston, S.C.)
- Zacharias, Henry T., -approximately 1915
- ledgers (account books)
- Inventory of the Henry T. Zacharias Ledgers, 1905-1910
- Processed by: Special Collections staff; finding aid created by: Special Collections staff
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description