Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Photographs, correspondence, and other papers of Joe Engel, a Polish Jew imprisoned at Auschwitz from 1942 until 1945. Photographs depict Engel and other family members in pre-war Poland, as well as in Zeilsheim, a post-war German displaced persons camp. Other photographs show Engel and family members in Charleston, South Carolina, and Natanya, Israel.
Photographs, a memoir, and other papers of Samuel Greene, a native of Sławatycze, Poland. Materials include photographs of Greene and his wife, Regina Kawer Greene, before, during, and after World War II.
The collection consists of images and transcripts of a speech and oral history interview of Pincus Kolender, a Jewish native of Bochnia, Poland, who survived imprisonment in multiple concentration camps during World War II, including Szebnie, Birkenau, Buna, and Dora. Images include pre- and post-war photographs of Kolender and his family, as well as those of his wife Renee Fox (formerly Fuchs) Kolender.
Negatives, slides, digital images, and other papers of Paula Kornblum Popowski, a Polish-born Jew who survived the Holocaust by passing as a Christian. Materials include pre- and post-war photographs of Popowski and her family and friends, photographs of locations where Popowski lived in Poland and Germany, and her false Polish identification papers. Other materials include postcards and letters sent to Popowski, mostly after the war.
The collection consists of newspaper clippings and a videotaped interview of Mike Prayzer, a Jewish native of Bendzin, Poland, who survived imprisonment in ten concentration camps, including Auschwitz and Dachau. Prayzer immigrated to the United States in 1949.
- black-and-white negatives 4
- black-and-white slides 3
- digital images 3
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- correspondence 2
- Bochnia (Poland) 1
- Będzin (Poland) 1
- Charleston (S.C.) 1
- Jewish ghettos -- Poland -- History 1
- Poland -- History -- Occupation, 1939-1945 1
- Sławatycze (Poland) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Poland 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Jewish resistance -- Poland 1
- Zakroczym (Poland) 1
- Zeilsheim (Frankfurt am Main, Germany) 1
- black-and-white photographs 1
- color photographs 1
- interviews 1
- memoirs 1
- newsletters 1
- photographs 1
- rosters 1
- speeches (documents) 1
- videocassettes 1 ∧ less
- German 2
- Polish 2
- Yiddish 1
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) 2
- Birkenau (Concentration camp) 1
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 1
- Engel, Joe, 1927- 1
- Greene, Regina Kawer, 1920-1990 1