Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The collection consists of four photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army.
The collection consists of nine photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army. Also included is a 1993 interview on videocassette with Corporal Charles Cross, who collected the photographs.
The collection consists of twenty-four Holocaust atrocity photographs collected by U.S. soldier Clarence Holland.
The collection consists of approximately 160 photographs and negatives collected by U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Albert J. Martin during World War II. Photographs show Nazi parades, American troops and materiel, and German landscapes, buildings, and civilians. Also includes nine Holocaust atrocity photographs taken in a concentration camp near Erfurt, Germany.
The collection consists of photographs, booklets, and maps related to Will McMasters, a captain in the 56th Armored Engineers Battalion of the U.S. Army during World War II. Included are nine Holocaust atrocity photographs from Mauthausen concentration camp, in Austria.
The collection consists of approximately 42 photographs taken in 1945 by Harold Schreiner, a U.S. Army tank commander. These images show war damage in Germany and include 14 Holocaust atrocity photographs from Dachau concentration camp.
The collection consists of images, postcards, clippings, and photocopies of Ethel Jorgensen Stafford, a U.S. Army nurse who was stationed in Germany in 1945. Included are atrocity photographs of concentration camp victims and photographs of war damage to German cities where Jorgensen was based, including Aachen, Viersen, Gardelegen, and Berlin.
The collection consists of approximately 70 Holocaust atrocity photographs taken in Dachau concentration camp by Bernard Warshaw, a captain in the U.S. Army. Photographs show bodies of victims on the grounds and outside the crematorium.
- black-and-white negatives 5
- digital images 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany 3
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Destruction and pillage -- Germany 3
- black-and-white slides 3
- DVDs 2
- Dachau (Germany) 2
- Germany 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Buchenwald 2
- photo CDs 2
- photocopies 2
- postcards 2
- Berlin (Germany) 1
- Gardelegen (Germany) 1
- Gardelegen Massacre, Gardelegen, Germany, 1945 1
- Mauthausen (Austria) 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 1
- booklets 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- identity cards 1
- maps (documents) 1
- prayer books 1
- videocassettes 1 ∧ less
- English 6
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 2
- German 1
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp) 2
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 2
- Cross, Charles C., 1924-2009 1
- Goodin, Benjamin 1
- Holland, Clarence 1
- Hudson, Carey Lee 1
- Martin, Albert J., 1913-1997 1
- Mauthausen (Concentration camp) 1
- McMasters, Will 1
- Muller, Meir 1
- Newcombe, Liz 1
- Schreiner, Harold, 1917-2005 1
- Stafford, Ethel Jorgensen, 1923- 1
- United States. Army (General subdivision: Military construction operations.) 1
- Warshaw, Bernard, 1920-2014 1 ∧ less