JHC. Jewish Heritage Collection
Found in 231 Collections and/or Records:
Doris Marks Ferst papers
Photograph albums, loose photographs, clippings, correspondence, and assorted ephemera of Doris Marks Ferst (1898-1980) of the Marks family of Charleston, South Carolina.
Florence Hebrew Benevolent Association records
Minute book, financial records, cemetery records, publications, and assorted papers of the Florence Hebrew Benevolent Association, a Jewish fraternal organization and the genesis of the Beth Israel Congregation, formed in 1887 in Florence, South Carolina.
Charles Fram photographs
Black and white photographs of Charles Fram of Union, South Carolina, and Atlanta, Georgia.
Anita Abeles Freilich papers
Images, correspondence, and other papers of Anita Abeles Freilich and the Abeles family, a Jewish family that fled Czechoslovakia shortly before the Nazi invasion in 1939. Included is a memoir from Sara Novak, a friend of the Abeleses and a Lithuanian Holocaust survivor, and a DVD recording of the Abeles family's 60th anniversary picnic in 1998. Materials document the Abeles family prior to their escape from Czechoslovakia and their attempts to seek restitution.
Max Freilich papers
Images, correspondence, and newspaper clippings of Max Freilich, a German Kindertransport refugee interned in England and Canada. Materials relate to the Freilich family's persecution in Nazi Germany, Freilich's rescue by the Kindertransport, subsequent internment in English and Canadian internment camps, and service in the Canadian army. The collection also includes images of Freilich and family members.
Fund and Kerner families papers
The collection consists of photographs, postcards, clippings, memoirs, and other papers relating to the Fund and Kerner families, whose members immigrated to the United States from Poland and Czechoslovakia after World War II.
Furchgott and Brothers department store newspaper advertisement
Collection consists of a full page advertisement for Furchgott and Brothers and a postcard of a 1900 photograph of King Street, Charleston, South Carolina.