Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The collection consists of four photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army.
The collection consists of two May 1945 U.S. Army reports written by F. van Wyck Mason describing conditions at Buchenwald concentration camp and other areas in Germany.
The collection consists of nine photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army. Also included is a 1993 interview on videocassette with Corporal Charles Cross, who collected the photographs.
The papers of Robert Schwartz, medical doctor and captain, in the United States Army during World War II. Papers and artifacts reflect his service and activities during the war and as a participant of the liberation of Buchenwald. Included are photographs and a letter documenting the atrocities at Buchenwald concentration camp.
- black-and-white photographs 3
- black-and-white negatives 2
- Military decorations -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Europe 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical care 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Jewish 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works 1
- black-and-white slides 1
- correspondence 1
- digital images 1
- dog tags (military tags) 1
- medals 1
- military records 1
- orders (military records) 1
- photo CDs 1
- postcards 1
- reports 1
- videocassettes 1 + ∧ less
- English 3
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- German 1
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- Betsill, Edwin 1
- Cross, Charles C., 1924-2009 1
- Goodin, Benjamin 1
- Mason, F. van Wyck (Francis van Wyck), 1901-1978 1
- Schwartz, Robert, 1916-2008 1