Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The collection consists of four photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army.
The collection consists of two May 1945 U.S. Army reports written by F. van Wyck Mason describing conditions at Buchenwald concentration camp and other areas in Germany.
The collection consists of nine photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army. Also included is a 1993 interview on videocassette with Corporal Charles Cross, who collected the photographs.
The collection consists of a scrapbook compiled by Lawrence "Ed" Layden, an officer with the 67th Tactical Reconnaissance Group of the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. The scrapbook contains photographs of Layden at various bases during the war, reconnaissance photographs, and photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp, which Layden visited on April 17, 1945, six days after it was liberated.
- Names: Buchenwald (Concentration camp) X
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Buchenwald 3
- black-and-white photographs 3
- photo CDs 2
- DVDs 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Reconnaissance operations, American 1
- black-and-white negatives 1
- black-and-white slides 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- correspondence 1
- digital images 1
- identity cards 1
- orders (military records) 1
- photocopies 1
- reports 1
- videocassettes 1 + ∧ less
- English 3
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- United States. Army 3
- Betsill, Edwin 1
- Cross, Charles C., 1924-2009 1
- Goodin, Benjamin 1
- Layden, Lawrence, 1916-2011 1