Charleston County Woman's Club scrapbooks
The collection consists of three scrapbooks of correspondence, clippings, resolutions and reports of the Education Committee of the Charleston County Woman's Club, 1966 to 1969. During this time the club was pushing for action to establish a university in Charleston with the College of Charleston as the base.
- Charleston County Woman's Club. Education Committee (Organization)
Language of Material
Materials in English.
This collection is open for research.
The nature of the College of Charleston's archival holdings means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. Special Collections claims only physical ownership of most archival materials.
The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. copyright law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research or otherwise should be fully credited with the source.
On June 9, 1899 Charleston was one of the first of nine cities in the United States to organize a City Federation of Women's Clubs under the leadership of Miss Louisa B. Poppenheim.
0.75 linear feet (1 document box, 1 slim document box)
Materials donated in 2002 by Myrtle C. Riggs.
- Charleston County Woman's Club. Education Committee -- Miscellanea
- Clubs -- South Carolina -- Charleston
- College of Charleston
- University of Charleston, South Carolina
- Women -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Societies and clubs
- clippings (information artifacts)
- community organizations
- Inventory of the Charleston County Woman's Club Scrapbooks, 1966-1969
- Processed by: Special Collections staff; finding aid created by: Special Collections staff
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description