Fairfield Plantation papers
This collection consists of items related to Fairfield Plantation and includes maps, photographs, correspondence, a handwritten list of the property's slaves, and other miscellaneous and primary materials.
- Deas, Alston, 1893-1985 (Compiler, Person)
Language of Material
Materials in English.
This collection is open for research.
The nature of the College of Charleston's archival holdings means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. Special Collections claims only physical ownership of most archival materials.
The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. copyright law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research or otherwise should be fully credited with the source.
Fairfield Plantation was located along the Waccamaw River near Georgetown, S.C. It was owned by members of the Alston family from 1769 until the property was sold to George Vanderbilt in 1936. Fairfield was later combined with several of Vanderbilt's other properties to form Arcadia Plantation.
1 folder (13 items) : 25 leaves ; 9-35 cm.
Materials donated by Alston Deas.
- Inventory of the Fairfield Plantation Papers, 1839-1963
- Processed by: Special Collections staff; finding aid created by: Special Collections staff
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description