Photographs and illustrations for Gems in a Crown
The photographs and illustrations were taken for and most were included in: Lightsey, Harry M. Jr. Gems in a crown: the people and places of the College of Charleston, University of Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston, S.C. : College of Charleston Foundation, 1993. The historic photographs that were borrowed from Special Collections for use in the book were refiled in their former locations. Tommy Thompson, a professional photographer in Atlanta, Georgia, made 42 color transparencies and 37 were selected for the book. Terry Richardson, a professional photographer in Charleston, South Carolina, made 12 color transparencies and 7 of these were selected for the book. The collection also includes 6 black and white drawings by Janusz Nedzi.
- Nedzi, Janusz (Artist, Person)
- Richardson, Terry R. (Photographer, Person)
- Thompson, Tommy L. (Photographer, Person)
This collection is open for research.
The nature of the College of Charleston's archival holdings means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. Special Collections claims only physical ownership of most archival materials.
The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. copyright law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research or otherwise should be fully credited with the source.
Language of Materials
- Architecture -- South Carolina -- Charleston
- College of Charleston -- Pictorial works
- Lightsey, Harry M. -- Gems in a crown -- Illustrations
- Photographers -- United States
- Photography -- South Carolina -- Charleston
- color transparencies
- drawings (visual works)
- Inventory of the Photographs and Illustrations for Gems in a Crown, 1991-1993
- Processed by: Special Collections staff; finding aid created by: Special Collections staff
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Special Collections Repository
College of Charleston Libraries
66 George Street
Charleston South Carolina 29424
(843) 953-6319 (Fax)