6. Accession 2016-42, 2005-2014
The collection consists of the records of the Charleston Section of the National Council of Jewish Women. A substantial portion of the collection documents the Charleston Section's fundraising activities, charitable and educational programs, membership events, and 100th anniversary celebration through photographs, printed matter, newspaper clippings, and other materials. The collection also includes administrative records containing bylaws and mission statement; minutes; membership rosters; assorted resources distributed by NCJW national to local sections; correspondence; and clippings. Minutes from 1906 to 1950 and addendums and motions are photocopies of originals held by the Jacob Rader Marcus Center of the American Jewish Archives (AJA), on the Cincinnati Campus of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, while minutes from 1997 to 2010 consist of original typed and handwritten minutes. Also included is a small amount of financial materials consisting of several cashbooks recording deposits for membership and expenditures, financial statements, budget materials, and assorted publications including annuals and anniversary programs and newsletters. Two unbound scrapbooks containing photographs, clippings, correspondence, hand-drawn artwork and other ephemera document the history of the organization and its early activities.
Additions consist of assorted administrative records including miscellaneous CDs documenting events and programs, issues of the The Kibbitzer newsletter, information on program initiatives, public relations materials, research materials for the 100th anniversary booklet, a copy of the "Celebrtating 100 Years, 1906-2006" DVD, photographs of events, correspondence, board meeting minutes, and membership information.
- From the Collection: National Council of Jewish Women. Charleston Section (Organization)
Language of Material
Materials in English.
This collection is open for research but has use restrictions. Executive board and meeting minutes from 1906 to 1950 and addendums and motions are photocopies of originals held by the Jacob Rader Marcus Center of the American Jewish Archives (AJA), on the Cincinnati Campus of Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion. Materials may not be duplicated or published without explicit permission from the American Jewish Archives.
Additions to this collection have been minimally processed, but are open for research.
From the Collection: 5.75 linear feet (10 document boxes, 3 slim document boxes, 1 flat box, 1 oversize paper folder)