Grass Roots League, Inc.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Mss 1020
Collection Overview Includes correspondence, minutes, typescripts, carbons, newspapers, photocopies of clippings, printed matter. Correspondence (1959-1966) is primarily that of Nat Shulman (1914-2000), as secretary and member of the Community Relations Committee, but also regarding his role as executive director of the Jewish Community Center. Correspondents include other members of the committee, representatives of the National Community Relations Advisory Council and other national groups, local Rabbis, such...
Identifier: Mss 0034-009
Collection Overview The collection consists of photocopies of materials from the John's Island-Wadmalaw Island Citizens' Council. It includes minutes from council meetings, correspondence with S. Emory Rogers, minutes from the organization's meetings, and a membership list of state officers and local members. Rogers was the Executive Secretary of the Association of Citizens' Councils of South Carolina. The collection also includes several publications from the Grass Roots League, Inc. The Grass Roots League...
- African Americans -- South Carolina -- Segregation 1
- Antisemitism 1
- Antisemitism in literature 1
- Discrimination in housing 1
- Judaism and state 1
- Segregation -- Georgia -- Savannah 1
- Segregation -- South Carolina 1
- Segregation -- South Carolina -- Charleston 1
- South Carolina -- Race relations -- History -- 20th century 1
- Sunday legislation -- South Carolina 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- membership lists 1
- minutes (administrative records) 1
- newspapers 1
- photocopies 1 + ∧ less