Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: AMN 1081
Abstract The Graves family of Charleston, South Carolina, was an African American family consisting largely of educators and Avery Institute graduates. James R. B. Graves, Jr. (1883-1969), a Pullman porter and union member of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters, married Rose Laura Winds (1890-1978) in 1915. Together, they raised five children: J. Michael, Pauline, Annette, Robert, and Eugene. J. Michael Graves (1915-1996), a Class of 1932 graduate of the Avery Institute, was an educator and...
- Names: Avery Institute of Afro-American History and Culture X
- Subject: African American educators -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Photographs X
- Subject: African American educators -- South Carolina -- Charleston X
- Subject: Educators -- South Carolina -- Charleston X
- Subject: Pullman porters -- Photographs X