Scope and content
Two engraved wedding invitations: from marriage of Dina Kohn (daughter of Theodore Kohn) and Gus Hirsch, Orangeburg, SC, August 6, 1902; from marriage of Rosalie Levy (niece of Morris Israel) and William Rosenbaum, Charleston, SC, Nov. 27, 1901. Both invitations include reception cards. Note: invitations purchased from Ole Towne Antique Mall, Columbia, SC.
Language of Material
Materials in English.
This collection is open for research.
The nature of the College of Charleston's archival holdings means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. Special Collections claims only physical ownership of most archival materials.
The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. copyright law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research or otherwise should be fully credited with the source.
1 folder (6 items) ; 5-20 cm.
Materials donated by Wendy B. Stahl and Marvin Bienstock.
- Cohen family
- Hirsch, Dina Kohn, 1872-1958
- Hirsch, Gus, 1865-1935
- Israel, Morris
- Jews -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- History
- Jews -- South Carolina -- Orangeburg -- History
- Rosenbaum, Rosalie Levy
- Rosenbaum, William
- Weddings -- South Carolina -- Charleston
- Weddings -- South Carolina -- Orangeburg
- Inventory of the Wedding Invitations, 1901-1902
- Processed by: Special Collections staff; finding aid created by: Special Collections staff
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description