Harper's Weekly clippings about South Carolina
The collection consists of various clippings from Harper's Weekly. Each of the articles is about events in South Carolina, and range from 1860 to 1890. The topics discussed include the Civil War, Reconstruction, the Charleston Earthquake of 1886, and the State Dispensary.
This collection is open for research.
The nature of the College of Charleston's archival holdings means that copyright or other information about restrictions may be difficult or even impossible to determine despite reasonable efforts. Special Collections claims only physical ownership of most archival materials.
The materials from our collections are made available for use in research, teaching, and private study, pursuant to U.S. copyright law. The user must assume full responsibility for any use of the materials, including but not limited to, infringement of copyright and publication rights of reproduced materials. Any materials used for academic research or otherwise should be fully credited with the source.
0.5 linear feet
Language of Materials
- Charleston Earthquake, S.C., 1886
- Earthquakes -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Miscellanea
- Harper's weekly
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) -- South Carolina -- Miscellanea
- South Carolina -- History -- 19th century -- Miscellanea
- South Carolina -- History -- Civil war, 1861-1865 -- Miscellanea
- South Carolina. Dispensary
- clippings (information artifacts)
- Inventory of the Harper's Weekly Clippings About South Carolina, 1860-1890
- Processed by: Special Collections staff; finding aid created by: Special Collections staff
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description