Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: AMN 1076
Abstract The membership of the Order of the Eastern Star (O.E.S.) Prince Hall affiliated chapters are comprised of female relatives of men who are in the Prince Hall Masonry. In 1875, the first subordinate chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star Prince Hall affliated chapter was created by Ancient Free and Accepted Masons (A.F & A.M.), Brother Thornton A. Jackson in Washington, D.C. The Charleston chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star began circa 1912 and are known as Prince Hall Chapter No....
Identifier: AMN 1141
Abstract Clemon Harold Richardson, Sr., (1925-2003), was a Masonic and community leader in Charleston, South Carolina. He was the Grand High Priest of the Robert B. Elliott Chapter #1 for the Holy Royal Arch Masons of the State of South Carolina. Locally, Richardson was the president of the Maryville/Ashleyville Neighborhood Association, (formerly the West Ashley Civic Association.) from 1954-2000. Richardson also served as the Charleston County Democratic Party Executive Committee Person for the St....
Dates: 1910-2002, undated; Majority of material found within 1990-2000
- African American fraternal organizations -- South Carolina -- Charleston 1
- African American women -- South Carolina -- Charleston -- Societies and clubs 1
- Charleston (S.C.) 1
- Maryville (S.C.) 1
- Women and freemasonry -- United States 1
- Breeland, Floyd F., 1933- 1
- Clyburn, James 1
- Ford, Robert, 1948- 1
- Holy Royal Arch Masons, Grand Chapter (South Carolina) 1
- Maryville-Ashleyville Neighborhood Association (Charleston, S.C.) 1