Ladies Hebrew Benevolent Society (Charleston, S.C.)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Identifier: Mss 1068
Abstract The collection consists of the surviving records of Brith Sholom, an orthodox congregation founded in Charleston, South Carolina in 1852, Beth Israel, another orthodox Charleston congregation founded in 1911, and the records of Brith Sholom Beth Israel founded in 1954 when the two congregations merged. Also included are the records of Charleston Hebrew Institute, founded in 1956, and later known as the Addlestone Hebrew Academy. With records of the Ladies Hebrew Benevolent Society, the...
Identifier: Mss 1059
Collection Overview Two volumes of minutes (1867-1962) detail all aspects of the organization, its meetings, members, contributions, finances, etc., with some reports of officers, such as President and Treasurer. The minutes (1869-1915) of the Ladies Hebrew Benevolent Society of Charleston, S.C., often referred to as "Israel's Hope," are included as well. The series of financial records include accounts (1896-1947) of the Ladies Hebrew Benevolent Society, before it merged with the Hebrew Benevolent Society and...