Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: AMN 1035
Emanuel A.M.E. Church is located in the area of St. Andrew's Parish, Charleston County, South Carolina that once was part of the incorporated African American town of Maryville. The town lost its charter in 1936 and the area is now part of the City of Charleston. The church continues on its original site, at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and Highway 61.The records consist of three volumes containing minutes of the leadership of the church, detailing all elements of business...
Identifier: Mss 0041
Typewritten transcriptions of original records of the St. John's Lutheran Church of Charleston, South Carolina, from 1742 to 1931. Transcriptions were part of two Federal Works Progress Administration projects carried out from 1935 through 1937 and sponsored by the College of Charleston.