Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The collection consists mainly of copy negatives, slides, and digital images of pre-World War II photographs of the families of Harry Blas, born in Łódź, Poland, and Erika Stockfleth Blas, born in Grevesmühlen, Germany. Also included is a short memoir by Harry Blas detailing his experiences in the Łódź ghetto and Auschwitz concentration camp, and a handwritten genealogy of the Stockfleth family by Erika Blas.
The collection consists of copies of photographs taken at Dachau concentration camp and collected by Paul Bridges, a U.S. soldier who served as a guard at the camp after its liberation in April 1945.
The collection consists of nine photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army. Also included is a 1993 interview on videocassette with Corporal Charles Cross, who collected the photographs.
Images, memoir, and newspaper clippings of David Grabin, a Holocaust survivor imprisoned at several camps during World War II. Images include negatives, slides, photocopies, and digital images of family photographs Grabin carried throughout the war. Grabin's memoir details his experience as he was separated from his family and moved from camp to camp, ending at Theresienstadt.
The collection consists of copy negatives and slides, memoirs, clippings, and other papers of Katherine Goldstein Prevost, a native of Budapest, Hungary, who was imprisoned in Kaufering, a subcamp of Dachau, during World War II. Included is a memoir written by Prevost's friend Ferike Csato and a videocassette interview of Samuel Klasner, another friend, all Holocaust survivors.
The collection consists of approximately 42 photographs taken in 1945 by Harold Schreiner, a U.S. Army tank commander. These images show war damage in Germany and include 14 Holocaust atrocity photographs from Dachau concentration camp.
The collection consists of twenty-six Holocaust atrocity photographs taken by Robert Turner, a U.S. soldier who photographed victims in a Bavarian concentration camp after it was liberated.
The collection consists of approximately 70 Holocaust atrocity photographs taken in Dachau concentration camp by Bernard Warshaw, a captain in the U.S. Army. Photographs show bodies of victims on the grounds and outside the crematorium.
- digital images 7
- black-and-white slides 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany 5
- DVDs 4
- Dachau (Germany) 3
- black-and-white photographs 3
- memoirs 3
- photo CDs 3
- photocopies 3
- Holocaust survivors 2
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Dachau 2
- color slides 2
- videocassettes 2
- Bavaria (Germany) 1
- Budapest (Hungary) 1
- Grevesmühlen (Germany) 1
- Holocaust survivors -- Poland 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Poland -- Personal narratives 1
- Jewish ghettos -- Poland -- History 1
- Kaufering (Germany) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Buchenwald 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Latvia 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Poland 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Destruction and pillage -- Germany 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States 1
- booklets 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- facsimiles (reproductions) 1
- genealogies (histories) 1
- postcards 1
- Łódź (Poland) 1
- Ślesin (Konin, Poland) 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- Hebrew 1
- Hungarian 1
- United States. Army 5
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 4
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) 1
- Blas, Erika 1
- Blas, Harry, 1924-2003 1
- Bridges, Paul, 1924-2010 1
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp) 1
- Cross, Charles C., 1924-2009 1
- Csato, Ferike 1
- Grabin, David, 1919-2004 1
- Hudson, Carey Lee 1
- Kaufering (Concentration camp) 1
- Klasner, Samuel, 1917-2001 1
- Prevost, Katherine Goldstein, 1924- 1
- Schreiner, Harold, 1917-2005 1
- Theresienstadt (Concentration camp) 1
- Turner, Robert 1
- Warshaw, Bernard, 1920-2014 1 ∧ less