Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The collection consists mainly of copy negatives, slides, and digital images of pre-World War II photographs of the families of Harry Blas, born in Łódź, Poland, and Erika Stockfleth Blas, born in Grevesmühlen, Germany. Also included is a short memoir by Harry Blas detailing his experiences in the Łódź ghetto and Auschwitz concentration camp, and a handwritten genealogy of the Stockfleth family by Erika Blas.
The collection consists of copies of photographs taken at Dachau concentration camp and collected by Paul Bridges, a U.S. soldier who served as a guard at the camp after its liberation in April 1945.
The collection consists of letters, photographs, negatives, and other papers of Mickey Dorsey, an American soldier with the 71st Infantry Division, who participated in the liberation of Gunskirchen Lager, a German concentration camp in Austria. Photographs and negatives taken by Joe Daurer, the photographer for Dorsey's unit, show victims and survivors in the camp.
The collection consists of approximately 42 photographs taken in 1945 by Harold Schreiner, a U.S. Army tank commander. These images show war damage in Germany and include 14 Holocaust atrocity photographs from Dachau concentration camp.
The collection consists of images, postcards, clippings, and photocopies of Ethel Jorgensen Stafford, a U.S. Army nurse who was stationed in Germany in 1945. Included are atrocity photographs of concentration camp victims and photographs of war damage to German cities where Jorgensen was based, including Aachen, Viersen, Gardelegen, and Berlin.
The collection consists of twenty-six Holocaust atrocity photographs taken by Robert Turner, a U.S. soldier who photographed victims in a Bavarian concentration camp after it was liberated.
- black-and-white slides 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany 3
- black-and-white photographs 3
- Dachau (Germany) 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Destruction and pillage -- Germany 2
- memoirs 2
- Bavaria (Germany) 1
- Berlin (Germany) 1
- Gardelegen (Germany) 1
- Gardelegen Massacre, Gardelegen, Germany, 1945 1
- Grevesmühlen (Germany) 1
- Gunskirchen (Austria) 1
- Holocaust survivors -- Poland 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives 1
- Jewish ghettos -- Poland -- History 1
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Women 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Dachau 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States -- 71st Division 1
- booklets 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- color slides 1
- compact discs 1
- genealogies (histories) 1
- identity cards 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- photo CDs 1
- photocopies 1
- postcards 1
- prayer books 1
- Łódź (Poland) 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- United States. Army 4
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 2
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) 1
- Blas, Erika 1
- Blas, Harry, 1924-2003 1