Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The collection consists of four photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army.
The collection consists of nine photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp taken in April 1945, shortly after its liberation by the U.S. Army. Also included is a 1993 interview on videocassette with Corporal Charles Cross, who collected the photographs.
The collection consists of twenty-four Holocaust atrocity photographs collected by U.S. soldier Clarence Holland.
The collection consists of a scrapbook compiled by Lawrence "Ed" Layden, an officer with the 67th Tactical Reconnaissance Group of the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. The scrapbook contains photographs of Layden at various bases during the war, reconnaissance photographs, and photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp, which Layden visited on April 17, 1945, six days after it was liberated.
Four atrocity photographs of concentration camp victims in Ohrdruf, a satellite camp of the Buchenwald concentration camp. Also included are two clippings describing the liberation of Ohrdruf by the U.S. Army.
The collection consists of approximately 42 photographs taken in 1945 by Harold Schreiner, a U.S. Army tank commander. These images show war damage in Germany and include 14 Holocaust atrocity photographs from Dachau concentration camp.
The collection consists of approximately 70 Holocaust atrocity photographs taken in Dachau concentration camp by Bernard Warshaw, a captain in the U.S. Army. Photographs show bodies of victims on the grounds and outside the crematorium.
- black-and-white photographs 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany 4
- black-and-white negatives 3
- digital images 3
- photo CDs 3
- DVDs 2
- Dachau (Germany) 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Buchenwald 2
- black-and-white slides 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- photocopies 2
- Germany 1
- Ohrdruf (Germany) 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Ohrdruf 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Destruction and pillage -- Germany 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Reconnaissance operations, American 1
- correspondence 1
- identity cards 1
- orders (military records) 1
- photographs 1
- postcards 1
- videocassettes 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 2
- United States. Army 6
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp) 3
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 2
- Burrows, Jim 1
- Cross, Charles C., 1924-2009 1