Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The collection consists mainly of copy negatives, slides, and digital images of pre-World War II photographs of the families of Harry Blas, born in Łódź, Poland, and Erika Stockfleth Blas, born in Grevesmühlen, Germany. Also included is a short memoir by Harry Blas detailing his experiences in the Łódź ghetto and Auschwitz concentration camp, and a handwritten genealogy of the Stockfleth family by Erika Blas.
The collection consists of copies of photographs taken at Dachau concentration camp and collected by Paul Bridges, a U.S. soldier who served as a guard at the camp after its liberation in April 1945.
The collection consists of a scrapbook compiled by Lawrence "Ed" Layden, an officer with the 67th Tactical Reconnaissance Group of the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II. The scrapbook contains photographs of Layden at various bases during the war, reconnaissance photographs, and photographs of Buchenwald concentration camp, which Layden visited on April 17, 1945, six days after it was liberated.
The collection consists of approximately 42 photographs taken in 1945 by Harold Schreiner, a U.S. Army tank commander. These images show war damage in Germany and include 14 Holocaust atrocity photographs from Dachau concentration camp.
The collection consists of twenty-six Holocaust atrocity photographs taken by Robert Turner, a U.S. soldier who photographed victims in a Bavarian concentration camp after it was liberated.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany 4
- black-and-white negatives 4
- digital images 4
- black-and-white slides 3
- Dachau (Germany) 2
- black-and-white photographs 2
- photo CDs 2
- Bavaria (Germany) 1
- Grevesmühlen (Germany) 1
- Holocaust survivors -- Poland 1
- Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Personal narratives 1
- Jewish ghettos -- Poland -- History 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Germany -- Dachau 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Destruction and pillage -- Germany 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Reconnaissance operations, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Regimental histories -- United States 1
- booklets 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- color slides 1
- correspondence 1
- genealogies (histories) 1
- identity cards 1
- memoirs 1
- orders (military records) 1
- photocopies 1
- Łódź (Poland) 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army 3
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 2
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp) 1
- Blas, Erika 1
- Blas, Harry, 1924-2003 1